The perfect system to lose weight

Weight loss is widely understood as workout and diets only. But there are two more pillars to it, the mind and the reward. Fitness is a concept with it's foundation pillars as:
  1. The mind
  2. The diet 
  3. The workout
  4. The reward
Missing any pillar will make your fitness life fragile. Without the right mindset you don't know why you are working out and 1 day skip can throw you off to a place from where you can't bounce back to your routine. Without the right diet all your workout session output is thrown away by the unhealthy foods. Without a workout your body is like stagnate water bound to become unpleasant and without the reward your body will feel like an employee in a company who is never appreciated, howsoever good the performance is. So here I am sharing my system that helped me lose 9 kg in 3 months and maintaining it.
     1. The mind
The journey will start from inside. When I found an internal reason for losing weight then I didn’t need an external motivation. I discovered my reason “the whys” later, but ask yourself that first.
The questions I asked myself were:
  • Why do I need a built or skinny body?
  • Why I am fat?
  • How badly I need it on a scale of 10?
I found 2 good videos that helped me and gave more context on these, would recommend watching them:
I have created a word template that helped me to find the answers in a structured way, message me on my LinkedIn or Instagram if you want them.
Next, when you are decided that you want to lose weight, then get a weighing scale with measurement up to 1 decimal point, since weight varies by decimal points daily. It will be an investment of 500 to 2000 INR.
      2. The diet
From my 3 months weight loss journey, I have realized that I jumped into it from doing perspective rather than being perspective i.e. I was setting a goal to give myself an excuse to be a fit person rather living like a fit person. 
To start being a fit person, I started with the diet.
The easiest approach that I found was to identify foods that I thought will make me fat and replace them with other foods that I thought will not make me fat.
From the spirituality vibration point of view, what I think will make me fat, will make me fat. Like some people eat minimally but they still gain weight and some skinny people keep eating but they never gain weight, the difference is that they think the food they eat will not make them fat or not.
In my diet, I removed potatoes, biscuits, chocolate, tea, cold drinks, and rotis/paranthas from breakfast and dinner. Next, I replaced them with the foods that I thought will not make me fat and having similar nutrition. For example, cutting chocolates, biscuits and cold drinks would cause sugar deficit hence I replaced them with a fruit bowl and for instant sugar urges I keep fruits like oranges and grapes near me.
Next, I cut rotis from my dinner and replaced them with a combination of salad + dal/curry/curd/soup.
In the breakfast, I added badam, curd, milk, boiled egg whites and replaced the stuffed paranthas with a bowl of cornflakes or bread jam.
Next, I replaced the tea diet with green tea, since normal tea has sugar and I had my tea with biscuits. However, I drink tea on a few days when I feel like having it but without any biscuits.
Green tea is anyway a good element for the diet. It helps in burning stored fat and there is a way of doing it. When green tea is consumed, it improves metabolism hence body digests the food faster. After having green tea, don’t have anything for the next 2 to 3 hours this improved metabolism of the body starts consuming the stored fat of the body. In the meanwhile drink,a lot of water as you will feel dehydrated and a lot of water makes your stomach feel full.
     3. The workout
The second part of being fit is to make an identity of a person who works out daily.
The reason I missed out workout was that I never identified myself as someone who works out daily
For this set up a minimum workout and for me it was 20 push-ups daily.
Even if I don't feel like working out, I'll do 20 push-ups and this creates an identity in the mind that I work out daily.
Also if I feel like working out more I do another set of push-ups or I choose from a pre-existing set of workouts for each part of the body
I recommend to do the same and list down at least 2 exercises for each body parts; upper, core and lower.
     4. The reward
It’s a way in which you give your body the appreciation and respect for helping you in achieving your goals.
I have 2 reward systems, one is daily in form of lunch i.e. have anything in lunch except oily foods and second is in the form of a Sunday, I permit myself to have anything on this day.
This entire system of mind, diet, workout and reward will create an identity of being who is fit.
Next time the decision of not eating something will be from the mindset of a fit person rather someone having goals to be fit.
If you think this was helpful to you then please leave a comment and subscribe to my blog. 
For more insightful content on fitness, mindsets, habits and spirituality follow me on my Instagram and Linkedin.

Comments