Two months back, when the lockdown began, I started working out to lose ~5% of my weight and reach ~69 kg from 73 kg.
To give an insight into 73kg, I am 178 cm tall and my ideal weight is 63. That means I was at least 7 to 8 kg over my acceptable weight and my BMI was 25.1.
I did a few changes in my diet and started working out daily for 20 to 30 mins, which helped me to achieve the target in 3 weeks.
In the momentum of taking action, I set the next target of 68 kg for which I increased the workout drastically from 30 to 75 mins and my weight dropped to 68 kg in a week. Then the next target of 67 kg was set.
By this time my mind had accepted continuous weight decrease and used it as a motivation. However, in the next few days, my weight did not move on the weighing scale. This made me sad probably due to a dopamine withdrawal and to feel better I started eating sweets to get instant gratification. In some more days, I even started skipping workouts.
When I tried to stop myself from eating sweets, I felt this deep need for eating which was stronger than my want of being skinny. I was unable to understand this. Further, I felt that I was starving myself from food that I liked and did a workout that I didn’t enjoy.
As a result, my weight increased back to 69 kg. I pushed myself for another week but no change and more dissatisfaction and sadness. So I decided to take a hard stop on this and take a different route because I knew there was a deeper issue that wanted this weight to be there.
I asked myself 2 questions:
1. Why did I
start working out?
2. Why is this weight here in the first place?
The answers I got shook me. I took some time to absorb them
and accept them as my reality.
This also helped me to improve my relationship with myself
In the next few weeks, I did only 20 push-ups on a daily average and I lost 4 kg reaching 65 kg, i.e. another ~5% of the weight.
It sounds strange but a different reality of us exists that we are unaware of and it has a deep impact on our lives.
Check out my next blog to read more about the "Perferct System to Lose Weight"


Comments
Post a Comment