A goal arises from want.
A want arises from a need.
A need is something without which I would die.
The subconscious mind is trying to get the need
fulfilled from a want, hence a goal.
And there is no end to the list of wants, because
of a howsoever big goal, it cannot fulfill a need, hence a never-ending list of
wants. It’s like throwing water into an endless well that will never be filled.
Even if we achieved a goal and we are unaware of
the need then that need will again create a want in the future. The cycle of
these wants and needs keeps going for a lifetime until 50 years down the line,
you realize all these goals completed, and still, there is a void inside.
The objective in life is to fulfill the need for
the underlying goal. Whenever we are setting a goal we are setting it from a
place where we are incomplete because there is an underlying need that is
unfulfilled. The goal is an attempt to fulfill the need hence becoming
complete.
This applies everywhere in life, we are achieving
goals consciously but unconsciously our mind is attracting all sorts of things
that will make it complete and we are unaware of it.
I understood all these things from my own journey because when I was working to get lean, I ate less and worked out harder, but this made me sad day by day.
There was a need for that fat in my body and when I
denied myself of eating food I denied myself to fulfill that need.
I became an enemy to my body because I was not
fulfilling its need, but what about my goal. Am I the winner now?
Our bodies are not our enemy because it stores the
fat, it is storing the fat to get a need fulfilled and the moment I empathized
with my body and understood the need of it storing the fat, I lost another 4 kg
in less than a month, because there was no need of the fat to be there.
This was the real victory where I have actually
solved the need for my lifetime and that is what I teach the people, how to
have a lifelong fitness.
A lot of time goals are created by our ego also.
What is ego?
Ego is I.
It is just an image of me from the past and a lot
of goals in life are created by the ego to protect this image.
And the whole ego thing is a post for some other
time.
I hope you all are safe in your homes. Stay safe
and stay fit.
If you think this was helpful to you then please
leave a comment and subscribe to my blog.
For more insightful content on fitness, mindsets, habits and spirituality follow me on my Instagram and Linkedin.



Comments
Post a Comment